Update- 22nd June
Due to the latest updates from the Victorian State Government we will continue to operate as we have done for the last few weeks and will be open for bistro and dining services only.
We will be open as follows:
- BREAKFAST Sunday from 9:00am – 11:00am
- The FRONT doors will open at 8:45am for breakfast guests
- LUNCH daily from 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- The FRONT doors will open at 11:45am for lunch guests
- DINNER daily from 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- The FRONT doors will open at 5:15pm for dinner guests
- TAKEAWAY daily from 4:00pm
- The REAR doors will open for pick up orders from 4:30pm
Following these updates please be aware of the following:
- When arriving into the venue please have your members card or drivers licence ready to sign in at the kiosk
- Please remember to sign out as you leave
- Members & guests are reminded to limit their time in the venue to a maximum of 2 hours, per government guidelines
- Spaces are limited and we strongly advise pre-booking a table
- The TAB, keno & sportsbar will not be reopening until the government lifts restrictions further and allows 50 people per enclosed space
Opening soon for lunches- 6th June 2020
We have been delighted to welcome a number of our members & visitors to the bistro over the last couple of days and are pleased to announce that we will be opening for lunch from Wednesday 10th June between 12pm-2pm
We will be open as follows:
- LUNCH daily from 12:00pm – 2:00pm – The FRONT doors will open at 11:30am for lunch guests
- DINNER daily from 5:30pm – 8:30pm – The FRONT doors will open at 5:00pm for dinner guests
- TAKEAWAY daily from 4:00pm – The REAR doors will open for pick up orders from 4:30pm
Following feedback from our guests we have some changes to make you aware of:
- We are now making bookings at 15 minute intervals instead of having two different sittings
- Members can now swipe their members card through the sign in tablets at the front desk. This process is much quicker and you will need to repeat this action as you leave to sign out
- We ask guests to limit their time in the venue to a maximum of 2 hours, per government guidelines
- Everyone visiting the bistro must ONLY use the front entrance
- Everyone collecting takeaway food must ONLY use the rear entrance
- At this time the only areas of the venue permitted to be open are dining areas. All other areas remain CLOSED until further notice
- The venue has a number of different dining areas and guests must not enter another dining area other than the one they’re seated in
- We are limited to 20 people in a single dining area. Tables are 1.5 metres apart from each other
- Tables are limited to a maximum of 6 people and tables cannot be moved together, this is a government requirement
- Please be mindful to take note of all signage in the venue, these have been implemented to ensure your safety
- Please arrive promptly on time for any booking to avoid disappointment
- Contactless card payment is preferred
- All visitors to the venue (whether you are a member or not) including children MUST sign in to the tablets located at the front customer service desk
- Please use the sanitizer provided at all entry/exit points and maintain required social distancing per the markings on the floor
Our staff will inform you of any other requirements at the time of your visit in order to comply with Victorian State Government Legislation, we appreciate your understanding and cooperation
If you would like to make a bistro booking please call (03) 5442 2950.
Our new bistro menu’s can be viewed on the website by clicking on the button link here: Bistro Page
We have exciting news- 1st June 2020
The Bendigo District RSL Sub-Branch and our team of staff are looking forward to re-opening the bistro each evening to our members and guests from Wednesday 3rd June from 5:30pm – 8:30pm for dinner.
It is important to note that the current easing of restrictions only applies to the bistro. No other areas are permitted to open within the premises for any other activity.
In accordance with Victorian Government Legislation & venue policies the following information applies:
◾️We are required to restrict the number of people in each separate dining space of the venue to a maximum of 20 people (providing the floor space meets the density quotient of ◾️1 person per 4 square metres of floor space)
◾️Tables are a minimum of 1.5m apart
◾️Table bookings are restricted to a maximum of 6 people per table
◾️Reservations are ESSENTIAL
◾️All members and non-members must sign in at the customer service desk upon entering the premises and provide their name and contact number. If the guest has brought their children, the children’s details are to be provided also
◾️The members kiosks will not be in operation until all areas of the venue are permitted to open
◾️Members discounts and use of points will be available
◾️Only dining facilities are permitted to be open and as such you may only attend the venue if you are booked into the bistro for dinner
◾️There will be two seating times for dinner service:
Seating 1 = 5:30pm, all guests must depart by 7pm
Seating 2 = 7:15pm, meal service concludes at 8:30pm, no guests must arrive prior to 7pm
◾️We prefer and are encouraging contactless card payments for the safety of our team and you as a guest
◾️We kindly request that you do NOT attend the venue if you are feeling sick or unwell
Here are some things we have implemented to help keep our venue safe for all of our Staff, Members & Guests:
◾️All Staff have completed the COVID-19 Infection Control Government Online Training
◾️The venue has been thoroughly cleaned prior to our re-opening
◾️More frequent cleaning and sanitizing of the venue
◾️Access to hand sanitizer throughout the venue
◾️New limits on the number of people allowed in the Bistro including communal areas at one time
◾️Please be mindful to take note of all signage regarding entry and exits point to the venue, these have been implemented to ensure your safety
We’re delighted to let you know that our takeaway service will continue to operate from 4:30pm each evening during this time.
Our friendly Customer Service Desk Staff will be available to take your reservations from 9am on Tuesday 2nd June 2020.
To make a booking please call (03) 5442 2950.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Parma Night- 19th May 2020
Parma Night is BACK!!
During our takeaway service we are now running a parma night special on Tuesday nights
For only $16 you get the Chicken Parma or Schnitzel with your choice of sides and it’s available from 4pm on Tuesday nights
View the full menu at this link: View the menu
Burger Night- 18th May 2020
Burger Night is BACK!!
During our takeaway service we are now running a burger night special on Monday nights
For only $16 you can have your choice of the RSL burger, Chicken schnitzel burger, Philly cheese steak sandwich and the Veggie burger. All served with chips and available from 4pm on Monday nights
View the full menu at this link: View the Menu
ANZAC Appeal Total- 12th May 2020
On behalf of the Bendigo District RSL Sub-Branch veterans and their families, thank you very much for participating in the 2020 ANZAC Appeal.
All the money raised during the ANZAC Appeal directly supports those veterans in need via our welfare & wellbeing programmes.
We sincerely thank the Bendigo community for supporting us to raise over $15,000 for the 2020 ANZAC appeal.
Peter Swandale I Martin Beekes
President I General Manager
Veterans Trivia- 11th May 2020
The Bendigo District RSL is holding a veterans online trivia night from the comfort of your own home.This is a great way to connect with others and have fun!
Put your thinking caps on and join in this Friday 15th May at 6:30pm for Veterans Online Trivia.
Grab some nibbles and drinks and join in the fun and test your knowledge from your lounge room.
The Zoom room opens 15 minutes prior for players to start joining the meeting. Ideally players will be viewing Zoom on a laptop, PC or tablet, and playing the game on their mobile phone. Multiple players can use their phones while watching the same Zoom link (e.g. 4 players in one household), or they can choose to play as a single team and answer on just the one device.
To register and receive Zoom and play app login details email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you help?- 29th April 2020
UPDATE- The bugles have been handed in, thank you.
We need your help.
On the morning of Anzac Day, Saturday 25th April 2020, two bugles were left at the Bendigo Cenotaph (just next to the fountain).
We are seeking the community assistance in finding them. If you know of anyone picking them up or happen to have found them then please contact the Bendigo District RSL Sub-Branch
☎️ 03 5442 2950
📱 0437 899 727.
Takeaway Services- 29th April 2020
TAKEAWAY STARTS TOMORROW!
Good news Bendigo, we begin our takeaway service from Thursday 30th April.
Orders can be taken from 4pm daily with pick up and deliveries starting at 5pm
Find out more about this service and view our menu on the website: Visit Menu
Little Troopers Colouring Competition Winners- 28th April 2020
Thank you to everyone that entered our Little Troopers Colouring Competition.
The winners have been selected…..
⭐️ Aged 7-12 Winner = Emily Sternberg
⭐️ Aged 2-6 Winner = Kyal Fowler
Congratulations Emily & Kyal
Takeaway Services- 28th April 2020
ANZAC Day Buglers- 25th April 2020
As part of our Anzac Day private wreath laying service that we were permitted to hold on Anzac Day, we also had a number of buglers at various locations across the city to play the last post at that same time.
Our thanks go out to the following buglers:
Bendigo City – Louise Wellard, Eaglehawk Brass Band
White Hills – Ken Wellard, Eaglehawk Brass Band
Axedale – Bruce McWilliam, City of Bendigo Brass Band
Kangaroo Flat – POANC Sally Spark & POANC Andrew Excell, Marist Brass Band
Eaglehawk – Hayley Weston, Eaglehawk Brass Band
Huntly – Mark Thompson, Marist Brass Band
View the post about the buglers by clicking here
ANZAC Day Service- 25th April 2020
Due to government COVID-19 restrictions no public Anzac Day service was permitted today. The Bendigo District RSL Sub-Branch were granted special permission to hold a private wreath laying service following a bugler playing the last post.
President Peter Swandale laid a wreath on behalf of the Bendigo District RSL and the Bendigo Veteran Community.
Secretary Glenn Ludeman laid a wreath on behalf of the mayor Cr Margaret O’Rourke
Videos and speeches can be found at the following link: View Anzac Day 2020
ANZAC Day Service Information- 24th April 2020
On Saturday 25th April 2020, Anzac Day will still be just as special to Australia this year as it has been in the past, but it will be unlike any other. For the first time in a century the Bendigo and surrounding streets will be silent with no official commemorative services being held and no Two-Up being played. Instead, all Australians have been asked to unite and acknowledge the sacrifice of our current and past service men and women of Australia, New Zealand and all our coalition partners in their own special way.
25th April is and always will be, Anzac Day. To engage with Bendigo Veterans, RSL members as well as the Bendigo and District community, this year the Bendigo District RSL Sub-Branch President, Mr Peter Swandale, will record his speech and have it available for viewing via Bendigo District RSL social media platforms and website at 7 am tomorrow morning.
The only official commemorative Dawn Service, at the Shrine of Remembrance in Melbourne, will be live streamed via Channel 9’s Live streaming service starting at 05:50 am as it will also be closed to the public on this occasion. The link to this commemorative service will be available directly via the Shrine of Remembrance Facebook Page as well as being sent via all Bendigo District RSL Sub-Branch social media platforms on Anzac Day.
The Bendigo District RSL Sub-Branch is also supporting the following community initiatives:
This initiative refers to turning out and standing ready at some significant point in a home (preferably a Driveway) at dawn (6 am) on Anzac Day 2020. It encourages all Australians to share the ANZAC spirit at home. It also encourages all Australians to take a picture and share it on social media using the #STANDTO hashtag.
This refers to standing in your driveway or balcony or a room in your house at dawn (6 am) on Anzac Day 2020 with a lit candle. It encourages all Australians to acknowledge the sacrifice of current and past service men and women at home. It also encourages all Australians to take a picture and share it on social media using the #LIGHTUPTHEDAWN hashtag.
Lest We Forget.
ANZAC Biscuits- 21st April 2020
Looking for something interesting to do this week?
Why not try your hand at baking some ANZAC biscuits and show us how they turn out, tag us using @bendigorsl on Facebook or #bendigodistrictrsl on Instagram
Here’s the recipe….
ANZAC Appeal is now ACTIVE- 15th April 2020
Due to restrictions with COVID-19 this years Bendigo District RSL Sub-Branch ANZAC Appeal has gone digital.
Did you know that every cent raised during the ANZAC Appeal helps veterans?
Your donation allows the Bendigo District RSL Sub-Branch to tailor specialist support services to the needs of our current and former service men and women, and their dependents.
▪️ Crisis accommodation for at risk veterans
▪️ Financial assistance for families in need
▪️ Health and wellbeing programs
▪️ Mental health support
▪️ Employment support
▪️ Assistance with accessing pension entitlements
▪️ Combating social isolation
With your help, we can change the life of our veterans forever.
You can purchase your ANZAC badges or make a donation on our website by clicking on the following ANZAC appeal button: ANZAC Appeal
Letter to a Veteran- 15th April 2020
In honour of ANZAC Day we’re asking our members and guests to consider writing a letter to a Veteran.
Normally Veterans would attend an ANZAC Day service and we would show our appreciation by attending the service and honouring those that have served, those still serving and those that paid the ultimate sacrifice.
We would like to pass these letters to our Veteran community through our Health & Wellbeing and Welfare teams to show them that their community is still thinking of them.
When you have completed your letter, simply email it to email@example.com
On ANZAC Day we invite you to join us and the RSL Victoria Community at 6:00am as we #StandTo and #LightUpTheDawn
Stand in your yard, driveway, garden or on your balcony and observe a minute of silence in respect of our veterans
ANZAC Appeal- 7th April 2020
Online ANZAC Appeal coming soon…stay tuned for more details to come!
ANZAC Day 2020 Update- 27th March 2020
Due to recent government advice the Bendigo District RSL Sub-Branch is advising of changes to ANZAC Day 2020 services and activities. ANZAC Day 2020 will not look like the ANZAC Day that so many of us are used to participating in.
At present we plan on holding a private service, we expect that a wreath will be laid, the last post will be played, a minute of silence in memory of the fallen will be observed, but the veteran community and the public will be asked to stay at home. This does not mean that ANZAC Day is cancelled. It just means that ANZAC Day will be different.
On April 25th, RSL Victoria is asking that instead you #STANDTO.
At dawn stand in your yard, driveway, or on your balcony and observe a minute of silence to honour our veterans and those that paid the ultimate sacrifice.
Together, let’s amplify our commitment to the ANZAC spirit.
Lest We Forget.
Peter Swandale I Martin Beekes
President I General Manager
Message from the President & General Manager- 26th March
UPDATE- Tuesday 24th March 2020
Download our app from your app store on any mobile device so that we can stay connected with you. We’ll send real-time updates as soon as we get them via the app
UPDATE- Monday 23rd March 2020
Dear members & guests,
Due to last night’s government announcement of stage one social distancing requiring that all non-essential venues must close by midday we must advise you that we are CLOSED effective immediately.
Current advice is that we must remain closed until at least 13th April 2020 and we will monitor this advice closely for any further updates and advise you accordingly.
For immediate welfare enquiries & assistance please contact our Welfare team:
Phone: 03 5442 2950
For all Veteran or dependant enquiries please contact our Health & Wellbeing Officer Craig:
Phone: 03 5442 2950
For all general enquiries please contact us:
Phone: 03 5442 2950
• All Health & Wellbeing Programmes have been SUSPENDED
• The Soldiers Memorial Institute Military Museum is CLOSED
• The RSL Sheds are CLOSED
• All promotions have been SUSPENDED
Further updates will come regarding ANZAC day and the ANZAC appeal once we’re able to advise you further.
Our staff are like family and we are doing our best to take care of them all through this period of uncertainty.
We wish you and your families well and we look forward to re-opening when we’re allowed to.
Best & Warm Regards,
Committee, Management & Staff
UPDATE- Friday 20th March 2020
Yes we are OPEN for business and modifying how we operate in line with government guidelines. We have the health & safety of our veterans, staff, members and guests at the forefront of every decision that is being made.
Based on the latest information the Bendigo District RSL continues to trade as normal.
Just to keep you informed:
• We are OPEN for Business
• The RSL has already increased our already high hygiene standards and we are regularly cleaning & sanitizing surfaces and areas within the venue
• We have installed sanitising stations around the venue for everyone to use, just ask one of our friendly team to point you in the right direction
• Our bistro tables are no longer set with cutlery. Cutlery will be provided to you upon ordering
• Our floor plan has changed with tables being adjusted to meet social distancing requirements as outlined by the Federal Government
• We STRONGLY recommend pre-booking a table by calling 03 5442 2950 as we may limit “Walk In” groups to control the capacity of our rooms or outside areas
• We will be unable to accept table requests from this point forward
• We are running members night & meat tray raffle as NORMAL
• We are running our regular promotions as NORMAL- Moneyball, Goldmines and Pick a Box
• We have postponed all live shows and ticketed events until further notice
• We have postponed our Friday night kids entertainment
• We have temporarily closed the Kids Area to meet the Social Distancing requirements
• We will run Friday night music as NORMAL
• We have spoken with key functions customers but please call our Functions Supervisor Ratna on 03 5442 2950 for any function related enquiries
Our advice to our veterans, staff, members and guests remains the same – please do NOT come into the venue if you are feeling unwell.
If you are a veteran or a dependent and require assistance please call our Health & Wellbeing Officer Craig on 03 5442 2950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Bendigo District RSL Sub-Branch is facing unprecedented changes but we will face them head on together. We seek your continuous support by purchasing a meal or a drink. By doing so, you keep everyone employed and as a Not for Profit and community organisation, we rely upon your support to continue to provide welfare services for our veteran community. In this uncertain time, we would like to ensure you, that the Bendigo District RSL Sub-Branch is committed to working towards the best and safest outcome for our veterans, members and guests for the upcoming weeks and months. Please support the club and know you are in a safe & hygienic environment.
For all bookings and enquiries, please call 5442 2950
There is currently a global outbreak of Coronavirus Disease-19 (COVID-19). There are many known coronaviruses in humans and animals including some viruses that cause the common cold. This disease is caused by a novel virus that was first detected in Wuhan, China in December 2019 and belongs to the same virus family as SARS and MERS.
While the vast majority of people (>80%) are not expected to experience severe illness, there are some members of the community who will be more vulnerable to severe illness. We need to protect them and minimise the burden on the health system. Although work is underway globally, there is currently no available vaccine to prevent COVID-19 nor are there proven standardised antiviral treatments specifically effective against the virus. Trials of antiviral treatments are underway around the world.
Corona Virus Information
What are the symptoms, and how is it spread?
The most commonly reported symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough, fatigue and shortness of breath. The main driver of transmission, based on currently available data, are people who have symptoms.
We know that COVID-19 can spread through direct contact and droplet means. That means we need to prevent contact with those who have the disease, and protect ourselves from the droplets or secretions that arise when someone coughs or sneezes.
What can I do to prevent spread?
The most important preventive strategies are simple social and hygiene behaviours which will also protect against other communicable diseases such as influenza. It is everyone’s responsibility to minimise health risks to ourselves and our community. Below are some specific tips:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, especially before and after eating, and after going to the toilet. Make sure hands are dried well afterwards.
- Alcohol based hand rub may also be used if there are no washing facilities and the hands are not visibly soiled.
- Cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue, and dispose of it, or cover with the crook of your elbow, then wash hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with others: touching, shaking hands, kissing, hugging, and other intimate contact.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
In addition, the Bendigo District RSL Sub-Branch Committee is monitoring the local impacts of COVID-19 on a regular basis as the situation develops. We expect this oversight will be required for several months. We are reviewing upcoming commemorative events and will provide advice if changes to schedule are required.
Where can I get more information?
There is a large amount of misinformation circulating on social media.
Seek information from credible sources such as the Department of Health website which provides COVID-19 guidance and related training package