Affiliate Membership is a type of RSL membership that caters for family members of serving and ex-service men and women. It is also for members or ex-members of the police, fire brigade, ambulance and SES. Its purpose is to provide a form of RSL membership that maintains the ‘bloodlines’ of those who have served their country in both peace and war.
Benefits of Affiliate Membership:
- Access to the Sub-Branch without having to sign in;
- Full access to members’ facilities and discounted prices at over 80 licensed RSL venues throughout Victoria;
- Discounted function room hire;
- Receipt of a journal (Mufti), through which you can keep in touch with issues and events relevant to the RSL;
- Periodic Sub Branch newsletter;
- RSL Rewards – You will be rewarded for every dollar you spend;
- The opportunity to participate in a range of RSL sporting and social activities;
- Free use of tennis facilities (subject to availability);
- The opportunity to share in the spirit of comradeship common to those who have served in the Armed Forces;
- The ability to serve on Sub-Branch committees;
- The right to vote on most matters pertaining to the Sub-Branch of which you are a member;
- Leadership opportunities – the League needs people who can accept the responsibility and the challenge of undertaking a leadership role in a variety of areas, including welfare, memorabilia, recruiting, fundraising, etc. Many Affiliate Members currently serve as Sub–Branch Secretaries or Treasurers;
- The opportunity to make a difference in the care and remembrance of those who have and continue to serve is in both war and peace;
- The right to wear the RSL Affiliate badge.
Affiliate Membership criteria:
- Must be 18 years of age or over;
- Related to any Service or Life Member of the League;
- Related to a person who, at the time of their death, was eligible for Service Membership of the RSL
Also for serving and ex-members of the:
- Police Force
- Fire Brigade
- State Emergency Service
- Ambulance Service (A minimum of six months full time service)
The cost of joining the RSL as a Service or Affiliate member is $10 payable every January 1st or alternatively $28 for a 3 year period. To join, simply download the PDF application form, complete and post with your cheque or money order to P.O. Box 42, Long Gully 3550 or phone us on 03 5442 2950 so that we can send an application form to you.
You can sign up as a new member or renew your membership with the front desk team at the following times:
11:30am – 6:30pm
Monday to Wednesday
9:00am – 6:30pm
Thursday to Friday
9:00am – 8:00pm
11:30am – 8:00pm
Online renewals and rewards now active at
Apply for Membership
Download application form by clicking the download button below, print and complete.
Attach cheque or money order and post to:
The Secretary, BDRSL Sub Branch, Inc.
P.O. Box 42, Long Gully, 3550