Service Membership of the RSL is for anyone who is currently serving or has served in the ADF or any of Australia’s allied armed forces. It offers serving and ex-serving personnel mateship and comradeship with others of similar life experiences.
Benefits of Service Membership:
- Access to the Sub-Branch without having to sign in;
- Service Membership is free for all Defence Employees for their first year;
- If you are over 85 years of age, your membership is free;
- Full access to member facilities and discounted prices at over 80 licensed RSL venues throughout Victoria;
- A quarterly journal (Mufti), through which you can keep in touch with issues relevant to League members;
- Periodic Sub Branch newsletter;
- Discounted function room hire;
- RSL Rewards – You will be rewarded for every dollar you spend;
- The opportunity to participate in a number of RSL sporting and social activities;
- Free use of tennis facilities (subject to availability);
- Full voting rights of the Bendigo District RSL Sub-Branch;
- The ability to stand for any elected position within the RSL in Victoria, from a Sub-Branch committee to State President;
- The right to wear the time-honoured RSL badge;
- The opportunity to continue to enjoy the spirit of comradeship experienced during your service in the armed forces with other serving or ex-defence force members.
Service Membership criteria:
- Must 18 years of age or over;
- Has served in the Australian Defence Force (Navy, Army or Air Force);
- Has served not less than 6 months in the regular or reserve Australian Defence Force;
- Has completed a period of National Service in the Australian Defence Force;
- Has served in the defence forces of any country that is a part of the Commonwealth;
- Has served in the defence forces of the New Zealand or the United States of America;
- Is an Australian citizen and has served in the defence force of any country allied to Australia
ALL CURRENT SERVING ADF PERSONNEL RECEIVE THE FIRST YEAR OF RSL SERVICE MEMBERSHIP FREE!
MEMBERSHIP FOR 85 YEAR OLD (AND OLDER) EX-SERVICE PERSONNEL IS FREE!
The cost of joining the RSL as a Service member is $10 payable every January 1st or alternatively $25 for a three year period . To join, simply download the PDF application form, complete and post with your cheque or money order to P.O. Box 42, Long Gully 3550 or phone us on 03 5442 2950 so that we can send an application form to you.
You can sign up as a new member or renew your membership with the front desk team at the following times:
11:30am – 6:30pm
Monday to Wednesday
9:00am – 6:30pm
Thursday to Friday
9:00am – 8:00pm
11:30am – 8:00pm
Online renewals and rewards now active
Apply for Membership
Download application form by clicking the download button below, print and complete.
Attach cheque or money order and post to:
The Secretary, BDRSL Sub Branch, Inc.
P.O. Box 42, Long Gully, 3550